Popular Driveway Materials to Consider for your Home
The driveway to any property is a major feature and if yours has seen better days and you are thinking about a replacement, there are quite a few materials that can be used to create a driveway.
Here is our list of popular driveway materials that you might like to consider when planning to replace your old driveway.
- Tarmac – Still a firm favourite with UK homeowners, tarmac or asphalt can be installed by your local driveway company in Stourbridge, who have many years of hands-on experience working with tarmac. Cost effective and very easy to maintain, make sure that you have at least 3 inches of the material to cover the driveway, which will stand the test of time.
- Block Paving – While not the cheapest of materials, a block paving driveway will last for many years and the tough blocks can withstand the weight of a motorhome, should you own one.
- Tumbled Block Paving – A little different to regular block paving, the tumbled effect definitely adds character and there is a range of attractive colours to choose from.
- Resin Bonded – If installed correctly, there will be no loose stones, which is the downside of using pebbles, plus you can choose from several stone sizes and, of course, colours.
- Coloured Concrete – Any colour can be pre-mixed and a range of finishes can be achieved using special hand tools, should you be looking for something a bit special. Edging stones complete the job and a concrete driveway will look good for many years and is easy to keep clean.
Of course, it all depends on your personal preference and with a local company, you can ask them to quote for the project.