The Many Talents of the Local Locksmith
You would be forgiven for thinking that the main work of a locksmith involves repairing and replacing locks, indeed, that does take up a portion of their working day, yet there is so much more to the traditional locksmith. Here are just a few of the services carried out by your local locksmith.
- Supply & Installation of Security Systems – If you call in a home security company, you will pay through the nose, but your local locksmith can supply and install any brand of burglar alarm or home security system. The locksmith is trained to be familiar with hi-tech security systems, including CCTV and motion sensor systems.
- Gaining Access – This is perhaps the most popular service that also stretches to cars, and if you are locked out of your home or vehicle, call your local commercial locksmith Rockingham.
- Keypad Locking – If you are fed up with family members losing their keys, the locksmith can supply and install a keypad locking system and all family members have their own password. You could go biometric and have a fingerprint scanner, which works just as well, whatever you choose, the locksmith can supply and install.
- Copying Keys – If you need a few extra keys cut, look no further than your local locksmith, who can even create new auto car keys that contain a security chip. They have special machinery that enables key cutting and it doesn’t take long.
- Concealed Safes – If you are acquiring a collection of gold or would like somewhere safe for the family jewellery, your local locksmith is more than capable of supplying and fitting a concealed safe.
- CCTV Systems – While these are available from the home security company, you might get a better deal from your local locksmith. A simple Google search is all it takes to source a local locksmith and they would be happy to pay you a home visit and discuss the many options.
- Post Break-In – If you have the misfortune of being the victim of a burglary, the best solution is to replace all the locks, just in case. In the event a housebreaker returned in a few months, seeing new locks would be an adequate deterrent.
- Home Security Assessment – If you would like a security expert to evaluate your home or business premises, this is a service a locksmith offers. As well as a detailed evaluation, the locksmith can also make a few recommendations on ways to improve your security.
As you can see, the locksmith can do a lot more than gain access when you lock yourself out, so do source their number and store it in your smartphone, for future access.